Thursday, January 26, 2012

First Ortho Meeting Since Having Braces On










Hi everyone,

I just got back from my first orthodontist appointment since I had the braces put on.  He said everything was on great track already and things were moving along quickly.  In an earlier post I think I mentioned the fact that my front two teeth were slightly off as far as the alignment of the bottom of each of them.  He took notice before I could even ask and adjusted the wire between the two front teeth (as shown in pic) to even them out so that's good. No shaving the tooth down or anything like that. I do have one crooked tooth that needs some additional rotation and they put a power chain on and around it to get that one moving.  They changed my wires I think to a thicker one both top and bottom as well.

He said that we would meet again in 6 weeks (3/19th).  I'm not exactly sure what he was referring to when he said this next part because he wasn't talking directly to me he was just telling the girl, but he said next time he wants to add an expander to the top and narrower? or something like that to the bottom.  He said 6 weeks after that we would begin the Sure Smile process and he would begin talking with the surgeon.  I'm assuming thats where they begin to work together to get the teeth exactly where the surgeon would like them before starting surgery.

I may just be over optimistic but seeing as that my teeth really weren't all that crooked to begin with and after hearing the reaction today, I have a feeling that the surgery is going to take place over the summer sometime.  That would be 6-8 months after the wisdom teeth removal.  I just have a good feeling but I could be totally wrong haha I guess we'll see.  2 Months in already in just a few days!

Thanks for reading,

Tom

1 comment:

  1. I guess you have to take my reaction with a grain of salt since I'm a dental nerd but Sure Smile looks so cool!! I'm jealous lol

    ReplyDelete