Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thinking out loud

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while but can't seem to sleep and got caught up reading more blogs to just make myself feel better about everything.  I'm expected to get my Suresmile wires in on Tuesday finally after what has been almost 3 months of waiting with no real noticeable changes.  The point of the wires that are in now was to narrow my bottom jaw and expand my top jaw which I know has happened.  I can set my tongue on the bottom of both my back teeth and it feels like a lil ledge which ive never had before.  But its been that way for a few weeks now.  Which is why I was so mad in the other post before about my Suresmile wires not being ready.  Despite all that though I'm so close to the new "makeup" date that I can't help but get excited again about my progress so far.  I still cant believe its been 8 months.

Apparently the surgeon's office called me on Monday but I just got the message today saying they had to reschedule due to my surgeon being out of the office that day (9/18).  I was like "here we go again, you've got to be kidding me, more delays".  But to my surprise she said that they wanted to move the date to the day before which was 9/17, and ironically the same day I have my next normal dentist appointment. I might just wind up taking that day off and make a dental day out of it haha.

Just read a few more blogs and it seems like the surgery date process for many have been that they just get a call randomly from the surgeons office saying that the orthodontist sent them a letter and you're surgery ready.  Also I read that most actual surgery dates are a month and half after the actual notification.  So maybe my timeline was a lil premature.  Since that appointment on 9/17 is 5 weeks in to the surgery wires I really really hope the date is no more than a month and half from that point.  Which puts us right around the beginning of November.  But I have a strong feeling that I wont get one that day like right on the spot, but I should have another orthodontist meeting like a week after that so maybe my ortho will give the go ahead at that time and then I'll have it sometime in mid-November and hopefully finish all this up in April or May.  Its funny cause every time I go it says right on the screen how many months I have to go which is 18 total which is in May and I kept really thinking optimistically that I would be done a month or two before that but I think that is looking to be more correct.

Oh well just thinking out loud like the title says.  I'll post again on Tuesday, hopefully not in too much pain cause I heard these suckers are gonna hurt!  And I will let everyone know the scoop.  Hopefully I can get some more information from the orthodontist but I'm really not expecting to learn too much at this appointment really.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment