Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Officially Pissed

Well I was supposed to get my Suresmile wires in today, the final wire before surgery.  The same ones I was told I was going to have put on July 11th.  Can anyone guess what they didn't have?!? That's right, my MFing wires.  Last time the excuse was that my surgeon and the orthodondist couldn't get their schedules to match up to have the initial conversation.  This time they said that the 3D scan that Suresmile (the company that makes the computer generated wires) was missing 3 of my brackets on their copy of the 3D model.  Yet they were showing on the orthodontists side.  What a fucking joke.  I am so fed up with this process. 

So my ortho almost started to look for things to do during this appointment and he started doubling back over shit he already did.  Like make the gaps in my lower teeth to close them, I said you already did that and then the assistant had to tell him yeah hes right you did. Then he went on again about widening my top jaw and how its just about there but thats the 3 brackets they are missing on the 3D model.  I didn't even ask why I was so angry about the fact that I wasn't getting the wire I could barely think.  He then went on to just repeat what the surgery would entail which I already know at this point is just going to be the top jaw but he did say they may or may not have to widen the top jaw surgically but he said the surgeon would decide that.

So all he really did was make a few bends in my existing wires that I already have had in now for almost 3 months to widen the top even more and actually pull in my very last two molars up top because apparently they are too far.

Heres the best part, I said alright look just give me a timeline.  He said come back in 4 weeks and we should have the wire ready so my date for that is now 9/10th.  My dentist appointment AND my meeting with the surgeon are on the same day which is 9/17. He said the surgeon will make me fill out all this paperwork and he said they still have not gotten the approval from the insurance company yet either.  He said after that if hes good with everything he'll tell me to go back and get molds done with the orthodontist and then hopefully set a surgery date from there.  So I said realistically when do you see me getting surgery and he said MFing Christmas.  Then he said or even in the spring or whichever is best for you.  I think he was talking out his ass or maybe he meant just early next year I dunno.  But he insists all this isn't pushing my total time back which at this point I think is complete bullshit.  Lets hope I'm wrong.

I'm way too tired to post pics since I barely slept last night and my appointment was so early.  Going back to bed for a few hours before work.  I think I'm about done being optimistic about this whole process.  Its so uncertain and these guys talk about weeks like they are days.  I'm going back to what I was initially told now in the beginning, 18-24 months with surgery.  Next summer is starting to sound reasonable.  And if it actually does go 24, his little "maybe even in the spring" comment would almost be accurate.  Lets just prep for the worst and say I have 15 and half months left. WOOOHOOOO <-----Sarcasm    Alright I'm done ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment