Wednesday, December 12, 2012

All I wanted for Christmas is a sugery date!

Hey guys,

So I heard back from insurance and they said that I was approved for the surgery which is great.  80% will be covered.  I spoke to the girl at the surgeon's office yesterday and today.  Yesterday she said she also got the confirmation that my surgery was approved, but she had to speak to my surgeon to see if I was all ready to go.  Apparently he was out on vacation for a week or two and was just getting caught up on things.  She never called back and so I called again today to see what was up.  She said that she set up a lunch for my surgeon and my orthodontist in order to discuss my surgery.  It's a bit disappointing knowing that I probably won't get a date now until at least February some time I would think.  I don't know how far in advance it needs to be scheduled.  I have an ortho appointment before that appointment on 1/2nd so I guess I'll find out more then.  So the waiting game continues.

Oh I also asked if there was additional hosptial costs and she said yes but that I should be okay since my insurance was covering it all.  I don't know what that means really if they cover all hosptial costs or just the 80% or how it all works.  I'm sure I'll find out more about that as I get closer to the actual surgery.  Not much has changed with my teeth.  I have noticed a bit of crowding on my bottom teeth, I'll be sure to point that out to the ortho next time.  I'll try to update this later with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment