Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bad News!

Hey everyone,

So I just got my first real bad news so far in this entire process.  I was scheduled to get my Suresmile wires on a week from now.  I was really looking forward to it.  I have off all this week and I was actually looking more forward to getting the wires on than having this whole week off!  Just goes to show how much my life revolves around this process.  So I was at work and I get a call that I didn't recognize and didnt answer and I get a vmail.  Listen to the voicemail and its my orthodontist.  He basically went on to say that he hasn't met with my surgeon yet to review my 3D scan that I completed last time I was in there (about 5 weeks ago), and that since he wasn't able to meet with him, they were not able to get the wires made yet.  His excuse and he literally said this was that he was on vacation for awhile and the surgeon has apparently been busy seeing a lot of college students who are home now for the summer so he has been super busy.  Talk about being put on the back burner.  I'm still so angry.

So anyway he says basically I was reviewing your model over again and I think you'll be good with your current wires for the next 6-7 weeks!  He said I can call him back at the office and I did about a half hour later to ask some questions but of course no answer.  He said I can keep my appointment for next Wednesday and still come in but basically hes just going to check and make sure the wire is where it needs to be and that's it.  He said otherwise you can call the office on Thursday and schedule a new appointment to have the Suresmile wires put in in 6-7 weeks.  Since I felt like I was making such good progress and ahead of schedule I feel like nothing is going to happen with my teeth in the next 6-7 weeks and I think that I just got set back a month and a half in this whole process!

I was reading quite a bit about similar cases and ones exactly like mine, with Suresmile and jaw surgery for an open bite generally averaged a total of 16 months.  July 1st marked the 7th month in so I was thinking okay only about 9 more to go but now I feel like its more like 10 and half.  I really hope I'm wrong but this was a big step to me in the process was getting these wires on and then the next big step was to get the surgery scheduled and have it done.  Sucks to anxiously await the next appointment for 6 weeks only to find out nothing new is gonna happen.  Doesn't seem fair to me.   I'm going to try to call again tomorrow and see if I can find out more directly from him about it.  In fact, if I don't get him on the phone im just going to cancel the appointment next Wednesday and go in tomorrow and get my braces cut (another reason I think these wires served their purpose) since they have been poking me like crazy.  I'll hopefully schedule the next appointment for sometime at the end of August I guess.  So 6 months for the Suresmile wire to work brings us to the beginning of October.  I'm not sure how long they take to work but hopefully at that point I can get a surgery date.  That would be a pretty sweet birthday present for 10/7!  So now with all this I'm just hoping to have the surgery done before the new year but I'm already beginning to have my doubts. I'll see what happens tomorrow and maybe make another post if I can get some more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment