Thursday, May 23, 2013

Orthodontist Appointment (New Pics)

Hey everyone,

I had my ortho appointment a few days ago.  He was thoroughly impressed with the job the surgeon had done.  He kept raving about it, it was kinda funny.  He kept saying he (my surgeon) made him look good.  He said that typically it takes 6-9 months of orthodontics after surgery to complete the job but he said in my case he is predicting that by the end of the summer I should have my braces removed.  WOOHOO!

My teeth are a little sore from the adjustment.  They put a power strip or whatever you call those things on the bottom teeth to pull them together and close any gaps.  He is turning one of my top teeth on my right side, the one next to my front tooth around just a bit.  He said he needs to close some of the gaps in the back but that mostly the rubber bands would take care of that.  So I'm having to wear 2 rubber bands on each side on the 2nd teeth from the back.  The other is a triangle pattern on each side around my canines.  Its kind of a pain so far even just to get them in and I can barely open my mouth at all at night when I wear them.  I only  have to wear them at night.

As far as surgery recovery, I'm on pace.  I can almost open all the way.  As far as the numbness, I'm still about 30-40% numb on my chin and lower lip.  Everyone keeps telling me that it takes a long time.  I have a friend who had jaw surgery as well and she said it took her like 6 full months before she got all the feeling back so I feel like I'm definitely on pace. My next appointment is on July 9th so hopefully that is my 2nd to last appointment for any final adjustments and then I'll be done by the end of August!  One last thing is I am finally completely done with any dental payments. Thank goodness.  I'll post again after my next appointment in July.










7 comments:

  1. Awesome results. Congrats on having such a perfect bite, you must be really happy with it.
    I'm still completely numb in my lower lip and chin at 7 months+ so yeah you have up to a year to regain feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you both! I'm quite satisfied and just pumped that all the worst stuff is over. Home stretch! Terra do you know when you're getting yours off? Hopefully your feeling starts to come back. You did have double jaw surgery and its supposed to take a lot longer for it to come back that type of surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teeth look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have previously undergone a treatment of my teeth from my orthodontist and she helped me a lot in the treatment of my teeth.
    Bowie Orthodontists

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots used to support a restoration for a missing tooth or teeth, helping to stop or prevent jaw bone loss. The implantation procedure is categorized as a form of prosthetic dentistry, but also is considered a form of cosmetic dentistry. dentist open near me professional will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums and evaluate bone density and quantity.

    ReplyDelete